Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Faster Than My Prelude.. Joking!

Last Saturday I had a few errands to run and no time to cook, I certainly was adamant about avoiding instant noodles. Again, like many of my recipes, I just used whatever I had. I call it Seasoned Chicken Breast with Mushroom Brown Rice.
 This is a box of whole grain brown rice that I got in the mail. Yes, that's right, Surrey receives a lot of really cool samples. Including 4 whole servings of rice per household. Delicious and nutritious. Follow the instructions. I dumped the entire package into 4 cups of boiling water. Cook it for about 10 minutes. At the end I threw in 1/4 cup of dried shitake mushroom which not only adds to the texture but also flavors the rice. Drain the pot with a sieve and let the rice sit.








 I defrosted some chicken in cold water earlier in the day and seasoned it with this package of Americraft lemon herb rub for chicken. I got the seasoning package from sitting at a free cooking show at the PNE. Again with the free food.
The package says: Spices, paprika, red & green bell pepper granules, lemon juice powder (corn syrup solids, natural flavors)

Not so tempting anymore?







I then grilled my chicken with my electric grill. Took about 3 minutes per side of the flattened partial breast. Plate with rice and enjoy when you're in a hurry!

No comments:

Post a Comment