Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Pickled Peppers

My palate loves spice and heat. Peppers are sometimes more potent when dried, smoked, and pickled. Am I forgetting any? A bag of 15 serranos are a dollar at my favorite produce outlet. This is the perfect way to use them. I made a very small batch here just to see how they would turn out...

Ingredients:
6 serranos
2 garlic cloves
carrot for sweetness and presentation
3/4 cup water
3/4 cup white vinegar
1 teaspon salt per cup of pickling liquid, a generous pinch will do

My jar is so cute! Sanitize the jar in boiling water. Add in peppers, garlic and carrot.
Boil water, vinegar and salt.
Pour in boiling liquid, close the top. In a sauce pan, boil some water and gently put the jar into the water for 10 minutes rapid boil. Remove jar, let cool. Refrigerate and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment